Butterfly Project

Saturday, July 3, 2010

SHE HAS A NAME AND A STORY!

I spoke with lots of folks about this, apparently, little girl. She has brought out emotions of all ranges of the spectrum. I like this comment the most:
"I think her name is Freedom and she doesn't need hair. Her body is moving free and she has escaped all that has held her down. The joy on her face says it all, I see no fear, pain or hurt. Just the joy of freedom."
I won't say whose comment this was but I will tell you that we have dealt personally with Childhood Cancer in our own very close family. Our little one fought hard for two and a half years with leukemia and WON.
So, Freedom is her name, she is a little girl, and she will stay bald.
Yea!
Happy Fourth of July!

3 comments:

Bobbi H. said...

I have enjoyed watching the birth of 'Freedom' and I like the name. Since you didn't mention who wrote that piece I won't either but I didn't realize that she had a child who had to battle that terrible disease. I am glad she won.
The girl reminds me of a little one I am working with now and in it I see how she will react when all is back to normal in her life.

Angela said...

It is my greatest hope that the little one you're working with has such a celebration too. Our babies are to vulnerable to have to be subjected to such hardship. But, we're not in charge are we? I guess we need to pay attention to what our littlest angels can teach us.

Jody said...

Beautiful painting and wonderful tribute to a great battle. I actually immediately thought of her when I saw this painting!