Butterfly Project

Friday, July 16, 2010

Tribute to the once pristine beaches of the Gulf

I'm kind of in a dilemma, I'm just so damn sorry we're all in the spot that we're in with the condition of the Gulf Of Mexico's waters and beaches. Whenever I find myself blocked and can't paint, I always revert to painting the ocean. For me and countless others, maybe even you, the ocean has always brought me solace. You know it just like I know it, the sound of the waves moving over and over again Crash, Smooth, Pull, crash, smooth , pull..... Rhythmically soothing to that primal soul.
Well, I could paint some oil on the beach, maybe even some booms or an oil well out in the distance. I talked to a friend of mine about that. I just didn't want to make a political statement out of what is so powerful and beautiful a force this gift of the ocean is.
Here's the problem. I don't know what to name this painting. I am just to overwrought with so many different thoughts about it.
You name it.
Please post your thoughts. If you don't have, or can't remember your google code, then just sign in a new one. :)


Okay, not too many folks responded by blog comment, But many by email and Face Book.
This one,
Mbele Baharini, in Swahili would mean the ocean before !
And, a couple for "Solace" :
comfort in sorrow, misfortune, or trouble; alleviation of distress or discomfort.
omfort
Your vote?

4 comments:

Michele Lee said...

After reading your words Ang, I hear... "A Rythmic Soul"...."Solice"...."Time"
Ultimately God has a plan...and one day the ocean will reginerate and be as it once was...it just takes time.

Rebecca said...

April 19th

Unknown said...

I've always been in love with the ocean, ever since I was little and grandma would take us camping and I'd fall asleep listening to the tide come in. The picture is beautiful!

Angela said...

Rebecca, I know I'm slow, and your comment, I didn't get. Then 2 days later it hit me, April 19th, the day BEFORE the spill. Wonderful thought for a name.
God forgive my dullness.