Butterfly Project

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New on the easel

Been working on a new kind of series lately, of pieces that make you just "feel" them. This painting is obviously still in the construction phases yet, but I wanted to share the early stages with you. It is an oil painting and I roughed in the little girl or boy, then laid a background down. The little girl/boy will hopefully be done no later than this Sunday, but if it takes longer, that's okay too.
It needs some more refinement yet but the essence of this child is there. She will have long curls cascading down her back, or he will have a pony tail, when finished.
I know what I "feel" when I look at this child, Freedom, and describable joy. I'd like to know what it makes you feel. What should his/ her name be? What name shall we give the painting?

1 comment:

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.