Butterfly Project

Saturday, January 30, 2010

on the easel

2) This next mock up is a little further on. I have darkened some of the lighter areas and placed in the basic shape of the trees that will be in the foreground. The bright colors that you see will be the top highlights just skimmed on with the knife over the various shades of green. The valley won't be that bright it will have highlights in that bright Raw Sienna though. I have also decided to use oil paints instead of acrylics. I just feel more comfortable doing a landscape in oils. I will be mixing the oil paint with a quick drying impasto medium. I will post when I have made more progress.
1) This is the mock up that I am working on now. It's a 30"x40" canvas. The finished product will be a view of one of the many of Huntsville Valley from Monte Sano Mountain.It will all be done in thick impasto knife work. At this stage I am looking to find the colors that I want to use and the overall proportions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's cool the way it is. Waiting to see final work.

Unknown said...

The valley where the sun hits, looks like the colours we saw today at the glass blowers shop