Butterfly Project

Thursday, January 7, 2010

On the Easel

Here is the skeleton or underpainting to the next painting , "Cityscape". I haven't done the knife work yet, this is still in the construction phase. I've decided to go with the time released car lights on the road going through the city. So on the right will be the tail lights (red) and on the left will be the head lights (white). I will mix a heavy medium with different colored paints and begin adding texture and more colors to the buildings.
Should be done by tomorrow.






I've been real busy and traveling some too and have not had the time to paint these last couple of weeks. I do have one on the easel though, ready to paint. It's in the evolving state right now. The underpainting is being done. It's a 48"x36"x 1 1/2 in gallery wrap. I have been "romancing" this canvas all week as I try to settle back into a routine. It has evolved from a fall colored knife work to what it is now becoming, a night time cityscape. I will of course be doing a lot of the work with knives and some in brush work. I think I will paint the night time sky a deep purple with a real bright half moon shedding light on the city below. Still deciding if I want a reflective river running through the city or a road with time released car lights, thereby making that same water space a road instead.
Any suggestions?
I should be done with it this weekend and will post then.

2 comments:

Michele Lee said...

I vote for a wet road. It sounds interesting...I can't wait to see!

Unknown said...

I think a river would be nice because the sound and the movement of the water is calming.