Butterfly Project

Friday, January 15, 2010

Exuberance

This painting had been formulating in the back of my mind for a couple of weeks . I had the design worked out and the colors came together today, now all that was missing was the music. My friend came by and supplied that in the form of African music. As the music played I got a kinda shakey feeling in my hands that was soon steadied when I picked up my knife and made my first diagonal slash of color across the canvas. Wow, what came was a sense of exuberance! I look at this painting and see the colors raining down on someone , happy and overcome with joy. I was also describing to my friend that sense of "all is right, all is under control" feeling you get when you close your eyes and lift your chin and let your cheek feel the warmth of the sunshine's caress. that too is a part of this painting. So imagine someone doing just that, lifting their upturned face to the sun then breaking out in a happy dance drenched in a shower of colors. That's Exuberance!

2 comments:

Becky Deaton said...

Wow, I love how you described your painting, especially that "all is well sensation you get when you close your eyes and raise your face to the sky". Awesome - its a very happy, peaceful painting:)

Michele Lee said...

All I can say is mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I can almost feel my head being lifted to the rain of colors