Butterfly Project

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Sister


Recently, I got an opportunity to visit with my sister. She is quite a remarkable woman and I wanted to paint a picture to celebrate her. This painting depicts Mind, Body and Soul. The little jacks is about her childlike playfulness, that's the "Mind" part. The "Body" is represented by the pink ribbon, yes, she is a breast cancer survivor. And lastly the purple Irises, her favorite flower. This is her "Soul". Purple is a royal, regal color and she is royalty to me.
I hope to send it along to her soon.
Luv you Sis

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful

Angela said...

Thanks Bobbi, it's a custom painting, hopefully full of meaning for her.

Unknown said...

Oh, I think it will have a great deal of meaning for her and that she will love it.

Michele Lee said...

I know she will love it Ang. It is so nice of you to show, by example, to me everyday the thoughtful things that can be done for others. You are "purple" to me:)