Butterfly Project

Saturday, September 19, 2009

can't see the forest for the trees


Well, this one has a story.
A friend of mine came over and for a few days running she and I would talk about our issues while I painted. And, as each issue was discussed , I painted another tree. I soon had a forest. But the neat thing about it was that we each got lost in the particulars of the issues and were missing the big picture, hence, can't see the forest for the trees. When I stood back a lovely forest appeared and with it the path that I had taken on this latest journey through my issues. I can look at the whole picture now and see that my Higher Power has it all in control, and there is a master plan in place. I need not fret the particulars.

3 comments:

Becky Deaton said...

I guess each of our issues and how we handle them or learn from them helps make us who we are - tree by tree. Nice painting, and boy have I been there:-)

Carol ReMarks said...

Nice. I love the boldness and rich colors.

Michele Lee said...

Ohh Ang, I love this one. Talking and painting definatly agrees with you and your art. This one is soooo spiritually inspired that it sings!
Love how God used his colors on this one :)