Butterfly Project

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Intimacy's Fire


As promised, new off the easel, "Intimacy's Fire". I had done this painting last month just as flames and thought that it was finished as it was. I soon found out that it was to evolve a great deal more.I think that the barbed wire adds a very masculine and sexy feel to the painting. I am not sure how to interpret this painting. I was the channel through which it came about but I don't always know what they mean. I would be very interested in hearing your interpretation of the painting.
Below is a close up of the barbed wire.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a powerful image.
I see that the Christ has removed his crown of thorns, untwisted it, and stretched it across the fire to keep us from being burned.

Angela said...

Interesting observation Bobbi. While painting the first few barbs I did get a flash of the thorny crown. However, I get the feeling that this painting has many meanings. Perhaps someone else will tell us their thoughts.

Unknown said...

I believe you are right. We all can and do look at the same thing and each see something different. I find this amazing and yet so simple and wonder why more of the human race cannot grasp such a simple concept. Seems to me that if they could we would have less strife in the world.

Carol ReMarks said...

WOW. I see the opposite end. I see the little hands of evil (the close up camera shot shows them) having a grasp on my freedom and my mind and my whole being. Awareness of this and the struggle of trying to get free, accumulating scrapes and cuts along the way of life. But that's just me.

Angela said...

Love it Carol, so much more drama! You interpretation leaves me thinking.

Unknown said...

Ooh yes, I can see the little hands you're talking about. I like hearing other's interpretations.

Unknown said...

Maybe it is because of where I am and the work I am invovled in but what came to my mind was how the prisoners feel in Guantanamo Prison. This is not a political comment on whether they should be there or not, just an objective though on the substantive part of the issue. And then I read Ca's comment and it is kind of along the same line as what she is saying, even though I read her comment after I wrote mine. Interesting