Butterfly Project

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Hibiscus


This lovely flower came to me by way of God. Yes, that's right I said "God". I had a few paintings I wanted to do, then in the way that God does, He showed me this image sorta like burned into the backside of my eyelids. It was this deep throated red hibiscus flower. Giant too like an O'Keefe painting. I said to God, "But God, it's already been done before by other artists" Ya know, like whining to Him! I think we are very amusing to him sometimes. Anyway, so, that's the origin and inspiration behind this painting. Now for the particulars. It measures 18"x24"x1 1/2" gallery wrap and is an oil on canvas. The painting part is done, however, I will be laying on some impasto medium over the top to give this painting some gloss and texture.

No comments: