Butterfly Project

Friday, October 8, 2010

SOLD

This is Natasha O. and she purchased both "The Ring of Fire" which she is holding up and, "The Rose", pictured on the wall behind her! Yeah Natasha!
These two paintings were hanging in the halls of Madison City Hall and Natasha saw them everyday there and said that she had to have them. I am so excited for her to have them as well! Now, The Rose was painted at an artist retreat. I was inspired by a beautriful bouquet of roses and I just was overcome with the desire to paint one up close. I used a gel medium to thicken the paints and a very large pallette knife. With deliberate swipes of the knive I carved out this rose. The Ring Of Fire painting was done with very bright colors and huge brushes. Painted in the evening and in quiet seclusion. Purples and Magenta's play up brilliantly against the oranges and Cadmium red hues.
One of my favorites.
Thanks again Natasha for choosing my art and enjoy!

No comments: