Butterfly Project

Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Cherry Blossom


I had this very large sheet of water color paper, 22"x30", and I decided to try my hand at it. So, I first misted the paper with different diluted acrylic colors, light yellow green, azo yellow and cad red med hue. Or, just light green, yellow and light red for short ; ) anyway. After I had done that I asked myself, "so just what do you see?" I immediately saw that cherry blossoms were needed to bring out the wonderful contrast in the flowers and the background colors that I had just applied. That's how the flowers came about. Next was the fact that I wanted to do a watercolor but I don't know how to. Oh well, the only cure for that is to just go ahead and try, right? So, in the company of a couple of friends, I tried my hand at watercolor and this is the resulting piece.
I did enjoy myself so I may try it again.

No comments: