Butterfly Project

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New paintings, Birds, Birds, Birds

This painting, "Seagulls on a Beach" I did at the last art show in Ft. Payne, as an exhibition painting. I really enjoy painting for the people and I think they like to watch the process happen.

Today I did two paintings, this one entitled simply, "The Rooster". I have been experimenting with a new technique and have really enjoyed it. I never know what the painting is going to be, I don't attack the canvass knowing, "I think I'll paint such and so..." This type of painting happens after I apply some gel medium and paint and smooszh it around some with knives. Yes, that is a technical term "Smooszh." I lay a color or two down and while it's drying the images I see while walking around the table and canvas become clear. This time it was a rooster.


This time it was birds on a branch. These Orioles came out last night. As a past resident of Maryland I just was thrilled to see them appear!

All three of these canvases have a 1 1/2 inch gallery wrap on the sides. The Seagulls are an 8"x8", the Rooster is a 16"x16" and the Orioles are an 8"x16".
Birds, Birds, Birds....!!!!!
By the way, the "Rooster" has SOLD!

4 comments:

Carol ReMarks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobbi H. said...

I love Roosters, please tell me more about this painting.

Angela said...

Bobbi, this painting sold tonight already! It just appeared on the canvas when I used the knives to apply color. I am really enjoying a new technique of late. Keep watching to see what else appears.

Unknown said...

Hi Angela,
This blog is great. Love the art! Great use of paints colors and textures, Your work is oustanding!!! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful blog...Keep Blogging.!!

Your photo on canvas