Butterfly Project

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Athens Art On The Square

Today was the Athens Art On The Square art show and festival. Here's a picture of me at the booth today. Because of the threat of rain , the arts council decided to move us all over to the Athens State University Gym on Pryor st.. I believe turn out was greatly affected because of the last minute change of plans, but the Athens folks are just real nice and surely made up for that. I would do this show again because of the people of Athens. Thank you to all of them who came by the booth today.

This is a lovely lady who stopped by today and really liked this painting called "Healing". She came by twice and finally decided she had to have it. So, off she went carrying her found treasure with just the perfect place in mind to hang it.
We also sold a few smaller pieces but I forgot to get pics of those nice folks. Sorry about that.

We had a free drawing for a painting and I will post tomorrow on the winner with a picture to share. That is, if I don't forget to bring the camera when I deliver it! Yikes! I am getting that old forgetfulness thing going on of late.

All in all a great day. Saw many old friends and made some new. The rain held off till after we loaded and went home.

Next week I will be at Ann Hamilton's art show in Fort Payne, Al..
I will be going with my friend Michele Lee of Artistic Finishes at atristicfinishesstudio.com
Stay tuned, more info to follow.

No comments: