Butterfly Project

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Woods


My friend and I both enjoy a technique called pouring. I use a thinned out paint, and she uses a thickening medium in her style and I thought I'd give her style a try. The paint began to marry with the medium and I smooshed it around with a trowel, same as in my technique. The paint stays where you move it in this fashion instead of continuing to flow and blend with the other colors.
I stopped and while the first layer was drying, I began to look for a pattern, picture or inspiration to tell me what this painting was going to be. The colors were what actually inspired me to think of the woods. And, so it was, "The Woods". First the big tree appeared, then the others as well as the branches. What wood would be complete without the softly filtering down of autumn leaves? So, there it is. I must say I enjoyed this little venture and will probably try this again.

No comments: