Butterfly Project

Thursday, November 5, 2009

White Diamonds Black Night


It was a full moon the other night and I needed to release some energy into a painting. I got out all the colors of the rainbow, in vivids, brites, not primary's. I began with large brushes and soft music. I absolutely hated what I produced! I turned off the music, mixed some thickening medium into some blues and greens and white. I reached for my largest knives and went to work. What was taking shape was really gorgeous.To my surprise, the glint of a diamond appeared. At first I thought it was a salt crystal and then it clarified into the light that fractures off the cold hard surface of a diamond in the moonlit night. Hence, White Diamond Black Night.
Tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Michele Lee said...

I love it! And must have it!!!!

Jolene said...

I REALLY love that one as well!