Butterfly Project

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hanging On The Vine

My favorite preacher, Joyce Meyer, always talks about how God is the vine and we are the branches. If we were cut from the vine we would wither up. I understand that analogy very well but I see myself and you as the FRUIT of the vine. Gods bountiful fruit. That is, as long as we hang on and continue to get our nourishment from the vine and not from the world. Cut off from the spirit we become lost and soon wither up. So, this little painting is all of us just a hangin' on the vine.

John 15:5, I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

2 comments:

Nicole Orriƫns said...

Beautiful! It really strikes a chord in me.

And I would be honored to be quoted!

Nicole (Momshomerun)

Jody said...

I love this painting! It reminds me of walking through the vinyards in Sonoma.