Butterfly Project

Friday, November 13, 2009

Painting with some girlfriends



Today I had a couple of girlfriends over and we sat, ate, and chatted for awhile, then we painted. This is Gloria. She really found her niche in painting today in the dancing African art realm. I begged her for this painting but alas, she took it home with her.

















This is Lyn. She worked on this painting of an autumn scene. Absolutely gorgeous work. I begged her for her painting as well, but, she took her's home too.


This is what I worked on. My friend Deb, who is not photographed here, named this painting Pentimento who's definition is:A pentimento (plural pentimenti) is an alteration in a painting, evidenced by traces of previous work, showing that the artist has changed his mind as to the composition during the process of painting. The word derives from the Italian pentirsi, meaning to repent.

This seemed a great name as this was a painting over a painting. A re-do as it were. I didn't like the first painting so I painted over it. I also liked the reference to repenting and this looking somewhat like a church window. Second name? How 'bout Harlequin?

Deb didn't get her picture taken but her creation today was FOOD. She brought a homemade mac-n-cheese for us to chow down on. Very good too.

2 comments:

Michele Lee said...

Ang, I have to say that your work and Lynn's work is beautiful. But I would expect nothing less. What I did not expect was to see where Gloria is going with her work! FANTASTIC! I do believe she has found her passion and has a great gift!!!!

Angela said...

I know, I know! Didn't she do great work?!