Butterfly Project

Friday, June 25, 2010

Interpretive Art, first stage

My friend Michele Lee and I are thinking about teaching a class soon at 16 Main, studios and gallery. The basis of this class would be to exercise the right brain and pull out your creative energies. To do this, the first step in the process will be to stain water color paper with either watercolor paint or food color. Either one works great. I won't go into too much detail, but just try and push you over into creativity. So, the first step after staining the paper, is to find the picture. You can facilitate this by using Matts of various sizes to help see the images in a framed setting. In this first one, I see humming bird descending into a flower.
In this one I see blue birds

And finally in this one I see gladiolas.
The next step in the process is Michele's gig. To teach the students to then, paint the picture, fill in the background and bring the details to life. For this phase she will teach in acrylics. By the close of class, the students should have a completed painting.
I told you what I see in the images, but I am very curious to hear about what you see!

4 comments:

Michele Lee said...

LOVE THESE!!!!! I think you got it down Ang!!!

Michele Lee said...

ooooooooo I can't wait!!

Michele Lee said...

Funny Ang, I looked at the pics first before reading. And I saw all of the same things!!!! The second also has some sort of frog thing for me. But I can't really make out where..it just feels froggy.

Angela said...

I am so interested to hear all the different pictures that the students will see when they dye/ stain their own!