Butterfly Project

Friday, June 19, 2009

Huntsville Arts Stroll


Well, it was hot and sticky at the Arts Stroll, but all the wonderful Huntsvillians came out and showed us all a good time. Here is a pic through my set up to see the musicians behind me. They were fabulous with jazzy sax and congos.





Here is a picture of two very wonderful folks just purchasing this painting for their home in Owens Cross Roads. They said that they saw the painting right off and knew it was the one, but continued on through the rest of the art show , only to come back at last and buy it. This painting is one of my favorites and I feel a thrill running through me for them to have it.
Jim was a champ, setting up in 100 degree heat! I really could not do these shows without him. We brought wet wash clothes that we kept dunking in the cooler water to refresh ourselves with.
I also sold a smaller painting to a friend at the Stroll. It was a garden painting that looks cool and inviting with it's Adirondack chair just waiting for you to relax in.
Next Stroll in Huntsville will be July 16. Perhaps it won't be as hot!??
See you there.

1 comment:

Michele Lee said...

Ang I am so happy for you! I know they will love it. It is nice to know that they fell in love with it like that...now you know it's going to a good home:)
And yes...we should give Jim an award for all his hard work...you have a good one there.