Butterfly Project

Monday, May 23, 2011

Three Red Poppies


This was a textured canvas I did real late the other night and painted a medium cad yellow and white mixture. I brushed some raw sienna lightly over the canvas a small section at a time , then wet it with the brush, then wiped it down a bit. The result was an antiquing effect in the textured nooks and crannies.
I sat with it awhile and waited for inspiration.
That was when in my minds eye I saw the big red poppies in an abstract layout kind of way. While I was sketching out some ideas for the layout my friend Dianne peeked into the studio to see what was gonna become of that canvas I suppose. I painted the poppies then went to bed. Next morning Dianne said she had already peeked again at the painting that morning, just to see how they came out. She liked them, and I'm glad. Hope you enjoy them too.

No comments: