Butterfly Project

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Paintings on the Easel


This painting called, 'Wild Poppies" is already sold but I thought you might like to see it. It came off the easel and went so quick I didn't really get a chance to post it. It's 22"x28" acrylic knife work on canvas.

This next painting is called simply , "The Lake" and measures 16"x20" and is an oil on canvas. It was an emotional release after the storms we suffered here in Alabama as was this next painting,

called, "The River". This one was originally inspired from a trip I took to Decatur Alabama. As you drive to Decatur you must cross over the Tennessee river from our direction. I looked out over the water and it was as smooth as glass. You know how it gets sometimes? Just real pretty and peaceful.This painting is 8"x10" and is an oil on canvas.

Another little painting I did sometime ago and framed is called, " Italian Fields" and will go on display somewhere downtown Huntsville with either the tourist or the Von Braun center, I can't remember which. It will go along with a bunch of art from the artist, of which I am one, from 16 Main Gallery in Madison Al. for advertisement of our gallery.
I hope I have caught you up on what I have been doing. I do have a rather large oil painting working down at the gallery. It's not finished yet. I will post in a few more days when it is done. As a teaser let me just say it's an oil and has backlit shadowed trees in it....

2 comments:

Michele Lee said...

Angie,
It will be on Display at the CVB, Convention and Visitors Center, in Huntsville www.huntsville.org
500 Church St.
:)-M

Angela said...

Thanks Michele, I knew it was something like that! : )