Butterfly Project

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Becky's Flow Painting


This is my friend Becky. She came in to do a Flow Painting lesson and was really dragging. She had just had to put her loving family dog, Max, down the day before and her spirits were low. Rather than stay in the house she kept her appt to paint and came on down to the studio today and I'm so glad she did. Max was a golden retriever, was well loved by his family, as you could imagine. He had gotten bone cancer and had only just been diagnosed when he took a sudden turn and went down hill prompting the family to gather by his side the day before to say their goodbyes.
Becky decided to use some comforting colors to paint with and they were the colors of her Golden Retriever Max. That part was planned, what wasn't planned and what was soooo freaky was, when she was done with her painting we set it at a distance to look at it and then we saw! Or should I say Becky saw! MAX! Yup! Looking right back at us in the random flow pattern of the paint was the facial image of her loving dog Max. His puppy eyes looking right at us! Flow paintings are totally random abstract paintings with no plan, they just happen. This was truly a GOD thing given to a greiving pet owner to have in memorium forever in tribute to her family dog. So, you guessed it, she named the painting ' Max".

1 comment:

Becky Deaton said...

It was amazing how it turned out. I used his colors and all his favorite colors of places he liked to go. I never expected him to show up! I'm glad I came. I was fun!!!