Butterfly Project

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Birch Trees


Doc put me on steroids for a heel spur to try and calm it down, but it perked me up! So, in a steroid rush I had to put paint and knife to canvas. I just love mixing acrylic paints with gel medium but the biggest thrill is getting the knives out! Oh man, I get excited just thinking about the scrape of the knife as it deposits it's load of paint to canvas. This is a large painting measuring 24"x48"x1 1/2" gallery wrap. All the more exciting on the bigger canvases as it's a whole body movement with each stroke. I get fully involved and committed to the painting. Of course ya gotta have some music playing as well. I think my friend picked John Mayer this time. We chatted and painted, my friend and I, as stroke by stroke this painting came to life. Another snatch of Fall frozen in time with an Impasto flourish!

No comments: