Butterfly Project

Sunday, November 7, 2010

John's road trip

Ya know how you "friend" folks from high school on facebook? Well, I friended this guy John. As far as I can tell he posts mainly about all these wonderful road trips he takes on his motorcycle all around the country. I saw a couple of his shots and just got inspired. Wow such beautiful fall colors that he captured and I wanted to capture them in paint as well. So this one is called "the Leaves are Turning", because that's just what they're doing.



This next painting is called, "The Running Creek". I got so in tune to this painting while doing it that I could, in my mind, hear the babble and gurgle of the rushing waters as they flowed over and around the rocks. I could just feel the cool air with the warm sun just streaming through in a few spots, my feet just lightly crunching and whooshing through the fallen leaves. Oh man, can you smell the water and the moss, hear the rustle of natures creatures on the forest floor?

Thank you John for taking me on your journey with you.

3 comments:

Bobbi H. said...

Is this picture for sale and if so how much is it?

Angela said...

they are both for sale, which one were you interested in? "The Leaves are Turning" or "Running Creek"?

Bobbi H. said...

Running Creek