Butterfly Project

Monday, March 15, 2010

Love's Embrace


I know I haven't posted a new painting in awhile, I've been working on this one. A while back my sister Jamie asked me to paint a picture for her to give to a very special woman. You see, my sister was diagnosed with cancer about a year and a half ago and had to undergo some horrific treatments, including some very painful radiation. While she was undergoing these treatments and during her recovery, her very best friend, Michelle, took care of her as she lived closest to the hospital where Jamie was getting her treatments from. Michelle is my sisters best friend.
I wanted to paint something that showed the love and nurturing that goes on between women and most especially between these two. I was having difficulty coming up with something and while I was in a semi sleep/awake state, I asked my God to help me and I got a vision just as clear as day. "show them in a natural embrace, one expressing love", and so this is what we have.
Love's Embrace.
Thank you Michelle, for being there for my sister from all of us who love her dearly.

No comments: