Butterfly Project

Monday, August 31, 2009

Work in Progress


I hit a dry spell and called my friend Ann Hamilton, (artistretreat.blogspot.com) and we chatted. I told her that I wanted to do a landscape but was uninspired and she suggested that I place myself in the painting, in the landscape and feel the colors and textures all around me. Thank you Ann, that's all it took to start the creative process.
Me and my friend Michele, (Micheleleeart.com) spent some time together Saturday painting and chatting. I began this landscape and will continue working on it. It needs some more tweaking but I wanted to let you see where I was with it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's perfect

Unknown said...

very very sweet, i like this one.

Michele Lee said...

Love it so far! It looks much different that when I left. So you said you were going to place yourself in the painting? Where is it located? I like that:)

Angela said...

Thanks for the lovely comments. I think since my friend Ann inspired me then it should be over in Desoto State Park on the trail sometime around late October. Or maybe the Appalachian Trail Somewhere along the S.C. end. I just love the mountains there.