Butterfly Project

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cruciform Abstract on the Easel


Here is one example of one style of abstract that I was learning. This is in the Cruciform style. There are a lot of considerations to take into account when building this form. This one is not finished and is still under construction. Some of the considerations for the cruciform are that all the corners be different, and that there be an area of slight interest and I think I've begun that with the ink in a circular motion in the center of the form. Also, the form itself shouldn't be to straight forward in it's shape and design. Mine is here. I have some plastic wrap in the upper left corner drying with some paint to add a pattern in the paint. I'm still very elementary with my instruction yet. I have introduced many textures and colors for interest so we shall see in the future how this painting morphs!

No comments: