Butterfly Project

Monday, December 19, 2011

New on the Easel, Pastels!

I Have started venturing into the world of pastels and am really enjoying it. This is my second attempt at portraiture. It's a portrait of one of my grand daughters. I liked the contrast of the darks and lights. I hope to continue to improve.This subject was done on 100lb Bristol vellum.


Here we have a winter scene/landscape. Again, I do hope to improve some. I am right now just experimenting on different surfaces and using different strokes and blending techniques to get certain results. I believe this subject was done on ultramarine sanded Colorfix paper.

So far I have also experimented with watercolor paper as well and sand paper 600 gritt. I do believe I am liking the Bristol vellum the best so far. I will continue to experiment!

No comments: