Butterfly Project

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Southern Comfort


This painting is a special painting I created to hang over the couch in our own home. I live in the south and so the name "Southern Comfort" was just a natural. My own couch is a raw sienna color so this painting has that color in it. The other colors are the accent colors currently used here at home. This painting is rather large, 3ftx4ftx1 1/2" gallery wrap. Made in a similar fashion as" Claudias Earth" with flow paints and pouring medium. After all was dry I laid a coat of high gloss gel over the top to even out some of the light refractions. This painting brings me so much comfort and a feeling of warmth that I just can explain or convey in words alone. I can only hope that feeling has been replicated here for you to see and enjoy.

No comments: