Butterfly Project

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Lotus Flower


Today I made my first clay piece since grade school! One of the potters down at the Gallery took the time to find out about each of all of us artists and our work one day to get to know us better and to be able to help with the clients and their selections as well. He got an idea to have each of us to take a hunk of clay and make something that he would then Raku fire . Just so that we could all get to know his medium as he was getting to know ours. What a wonderful idea and very fun. So this is what came out of my head. A Lotus Flower. I am sure it will most probably not hold up under the firing process but it was VERY fun to make . All the artists have each come up with pieces also reflective of their own unique personalities too. Perhaps they will give me permission to take pictures after the glazing and firing process is done and you all can see. Thank you Ned for the experience.

No comments: