Butterfly Project

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Man in Black

This particular piece is already SOLD, but let me tell you about it anyway. I wanted to portray Mr.Cash in a light that showed both his strength and his loneliness. I  know that he found his soulmate in his wife June but i also know that he faced a lot of demons due to his chemical addictions. I believe it was in large part because of his June, and all her love for him, that he eventually got sober. His music is soo unique and one of a kind. no one, absolutely no one, can play his music like he did. it was entertaining and sometimes gut wrenching. 
 I may paint another partial profile of his face but at this time I'm on hold with that thought.
Just one other thing...Although I connect with many of his songs, I remember as a child that I especially liked , "a Boy named Sue" because my middle name is Sue.
 What are some of your favorites by Mr.Cash?

16"x20" acrylic on canvas


No comments: